Recreation District #11 Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M. in the conference room of the new gymnasium  located at 22519 Hwy. 36 East,  next to the ballpark.

Park Rules:
  No pets or animals. No ice chests. No alcohol.
No weapons. No Smoking or Tobacco. No bikes, scooters, or skate boards. No foul language.

          



Recreation District No. 11




STPRD #11 Board Meeting April 11, 2017

Attendance: Mike Lopez, Victor Lemane, Patrick Berrigan, Jonathan Davis

Also in attendance: Charles Harrell, Luke & Tricia Spicuzza, Ken Sprague, Lisa Palisi

Absent: Matt Ray

Called to order: 7:05

Public forum:  None.

 

Financial report: February and March given by Lisa & Mike

                                CBT                                   $143,069.30

                                Whitney                           $228,680.15

                                2015 Bond Proceeds     $     1,324.81

 

Mike’s report attached.  Update on 2017 budget.  Mike wants to speak with Joan about all that is included in facilities maintenance.  Mike will add reimbursement to Lisa for health insurance to this year’s budget. Assessors fees increased $ 43,008.

Motion to accept financials: Made by Victor, 2nd by Patrick

 

Director’s report: Baseball, Softball, T-ball practices have begun with 29 teams total. Jamboree is scheduled for Saturday, April 22.  Regular season is set to begin Monday, April 24. Tournaments will begin June 4.  A meeting of park directors was held at Abita on March 22. Soccer trophies for U6 & U8 were handed out at the park on March 28. New gym doors were installed on March 29 with the exception of the reception area. Lisa attended a millage workshop on March 30 at the Covington Court House.  Freeze protection was installed by Gulf Mechanical on the water valves for the gym.  Trophies for basketball and the older kids’ soccer teams were handed out April 10 at the gym. Table tennis now meets on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Installation of the security alarm in gym by Aegis Security Systems is proceeding.  We still plan to install Asian Jasmine, but Gary has been busy getting the fields ready for baseball season.   We need a fence with a gate behind the gym.  Lisa will get prices.

 

Construction report: Given by Luke.

In close-out phase, Luke needs an update on punch list items from Ken. Change order No. 8 was signed making the end date for the project Dec. 24, 2016.

Ken is waiting on 2 things:

1)

 2) close out documents which include warranties regarding punch list which is 85% complete. Need to resolve installation update in the mezzanine. Ken is waiting on contractor to complete punch list items, so he only has to do one walk through.  Dan reports they have spoken with metal building company to see if they can help resolve gym leak issue. We will withhold money until leak issue & doors etc. are resolved.

Luke informed Ken that the hose bib is not sealed on the west side of the building.  This needs to be added to the punch list.  Regarding facilities management, insulation on water pipes is complete. Painting concrete under porches was discussed.   Jonathan will talk with Dave the painter.

   Security- installing cameras tomorrow.

   Gym storage expansion- Luke has drawing and will get cost estimate, he should also have

      drawing of T- ball fields and cost.

 

FF&E update by Trisha.

 Priority A FF & E items have been installed and delivered; 98-99% complete.

 Priority B items: classrooms, & board room (conference room). Replacement chairs are due April 21 since the chairs we have are the wrong color. Outdoor equipment is due on April 24. Frost Barber would like to deliver Thurs or Fri of that week.  O.K. given by Lisa for delivery and installation of these items.

Priority C items: TV’s & brackets & surge protectors, need to finalize list w/ Lisa. PAS requests board budget of $45,000 for procurement of priority C items.  This list included an equipment cart for Gary to use. Mike requested we wait to see how much money we have.

Mike presented the construction recap.

*We still owe VMW $240,082

*FLWB has been paid

* PAS interiors has been paid about 82%.

 

Motion to adjourn: Made by Patrick Berrigan 2nd by Victor Lemaine

Meeting adjourned: 8:16pm